Skip to main content

Switching Targets

Tensions are rising between the U.S. and North Korea. The Syria war has left more than 70,000 people dead. Human beings are beginning to act like savage animals: the lowest of any species. We are becoming brutally wicked, heartless and unable to make rational decisions that would move our world forward.

As the wars prevail, and these tensions mount between many countries, one would wonder who benefits from all the chaos and our strife. Think about it. Who or what is benefiting from the tears that are being shed and the hearts that have been broken?

Ever since the fall of man (See Genesis 3:1-24), we have never been able to live peacefully with one another. Can all of this be attributed to the serpent? If it can, what does he gain from our strife? And why can't he just let us live peacefully with one another? Why did he also come into the Garden to cause division between us and God? "To receive worship" you say. Yes, but more. He wanted to be God (Isaiah 14:14), but he forgot one thing, he is not Love, God is (1 John 4:8) and he (Satan), like all of us, is dependent on God for everything: this includes love.

God is love (See 1 John 4:8), and wherever He is (His presence), people are filled with love. Whenever He dwells in a person, they walk in agape love (See 1 John 4:12, Galatians 5:22-23, John 15). However, when the devil who is not God, and can never be Him, fills or takes over a human being (when he oppresses us) they walk in hatred, one of the works of the flesh (See Galatians 5:19-21).

It's sad to say, many people are fighting one another because they don't know the real cause of their strife. Many families are being broken because, they are unable to discern the real source of their conflict. His victory over us lies in one word: logic. And as we can all clearly see, the more we try to be wise in ourselves, the more our world deteriorates (See Romans 1:22).

We are at the brink of the biggest war ever, and our survival is dependent on our ability to switch targets: to see beyond the natural: to walk in the fullness of who He is: as Children of God. "For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God (Romans 8:19)." All of God's creation is counting on us, to beginning walking in the fullness of who we are: the fullness of God. Amen

Image Credit: Dela Anyah 


Further reading: Read 1 John 4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ask|Me

Today freedomdevotional.com is rolling out a new product called Ask|Me. The story behind Ask Me In October of 2010, I went over to a pastor friend's house. Actually he was a friend to my parents. I went with a lot of questions on my mind. At the time, I was being battered by a lot of temptations and I needed to know: 1) What would have happened to my soul if I fell and 2) The best way to flee from a major temptation that was awaiting me... When I got to his place however, I couldn't ask him my questions; I was scared he would condemn me or tell my parents about my personal struggles (which I had kept secret for years.) I went back home with my questions, and as you guessed it, the temptation caught up with and over took me. I believe many people like me a while back, have similar questions and are scared of asking anyone for the fear of being condemned and so forth. This is why this product was created: for you. Using the product Send your questions to the as

[13] Whose house (Part two)

Verses 1 Corinthians 3:16-17 16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. Message 1) How can a person defile this temple?  Ans: Through the works of the flesh found in Galatians 5:19-21. 2) How will God destroy any man or woman  who defiles His (God's) temple? Ans: They will not inherit the Kingdom of God as we told in Galatians 5:21, but the lake of fire as we are told in Revelations 21:8, Revelations 20:15, Matthew 18:8-9 (and many other places). 19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things sh

Like Jesus

Verse John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. Message Jesus said, "He that believeth on me, the works that i do shall he do also." Pause! How on earth are we going to do His mighty works, if we do not have the same resources He had? Actually we do. Jesus made the final provision or resource available to all of us on the day of Pentecost. On that day, He sent the Holy Ghost. But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. ( Acts 1:8 ) We have all been given a ministry of reconciliation. A ministry that is birthed after the born again experience. This is confirmed in 2 Corinthians 5:17-20,  " Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away;