Skip to main content

[37] In Sync with God

Verses
Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.


Galatians 5:16
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.



Message
We (born-again believers) were once sin. Jesus became sin for us and crucified sin on the cross. We (the real us) were crucified-we died with Him-and when Christ rose up, He rose up with us. He rose up and gave us the same Spirit that rose Him up form the grave-everlasting life.


11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. (Romans 8:11)


That's the Spirit we are born again with (1 Peter 1:23). We are born again with the Word of God, the creator of the universe. That's the new Spirit we receive after we are born again and that's what makes us children of God.


Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. 13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint- heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. (Romans 8:12-17)


With our new Spirit, we have a right to be seated up in heavenly place because the true vine (the Word of God or Jesus) is there. He paid the price for us, so that we would reign with Him in glory.


Resurrection power:


But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit. 38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? 39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. (Luke 24:37-39)



After we born again and baptized in His Spirit, we become the Jesus who rose up from the dead. He is the first born from the dead, the head, the Son of God and we who are baptized in His Spirit share in His death and resurrection-that's why John the baptist said I baptize you with water but He who come would baptize you with fire. That fire came to makes us one with Christ. We are baptized into one Spirit. The Spirit that rose up Christ from the dead is now in us to quicken our mortal bodies.


He said you will receive power: all power in Heaven and on earth. A Child of God is one with power. A Child of God has fellowship with the Holy Ghost. A Child of God is God.


In the beginning we were created in the image and likeness of God. Jesus is the express image of God: not the body of Jesus but the Spirit of Jesus. We and not our bodies but our spirits were created in His image and likeness and people would only see the God in us when we walk by the Spirit: when we bear the fruit of the Spirit as evidence that we are of God, and when we walk in God's power.


We can only Walk by the Spirit when we are in sync with God (having fellowship with His Holy Spirit; and when  the Grace of our Lord Jesus and the Love of God are with us). When we are in sync with Him, we no longer walk as mere men but as God in a human body fulfilling His purpose. When we are in sync with Him, He talks and works through. We don't have to think or act, all we have to do is to let God do everything for and through us.


"It is no longer I who live but Christ that liveth in me." Christ is the one who lives in us and  we are to allow the Word of God or the Christ in this temple to have fellowship with the Holy Ghost. There is so much work to do, work that can only be done when we are in sync with God.


We get out if sync when we walk by the flesh. When we feed our minds with the things of this world also become carnal and in this state the things of God don't make sense or become foolishness to us (1 Corinthians 2:14). That's why we are told to think on "these" spiritual things (Philippians 4:8 ) and to take every thought captive and make it obedient to Christ. Our mind makes the difference and thats why we are told to renew it everyday as the Holy Ghost leads us.


8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8)



Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ask|Me

Today freedomdevotional.com is rolling out a new product called Ask|Me. The story behind Ask Me In October of 2010, I went over to a pastor friend's house. Actually he was a friend to my parents. I went with a lot of questions on my mind. At the time, I was being battered by a lot of temptations and I needed to know: 1) What would have happened to my soul if I fell and 2) The best way to flee from a major temptation that was awaiting me... When I got to his place however, I couldn't ask him my questions; I was scared he would condemn me or tell my parents about my personal struggles (which I had kept secret for years.) I went back home with my questions, and as you guessed it, the temptation caught up with and over took me. I believe many people like me a while back, have similar questions and are scared of asking anyone for the fear of being condemned and so forth. This is why this product was created: for you. Using the product Send your questions to the as

[13] Whose house (Part two)

Verses 1 Corinthians 3:16-17 16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. Message 1) How can a person defile this temple?  Ans: Through the works of the flesh found in Galatians 5:19-21. 2) How will God destroy any man or woman  who defiles His (God's) temple? Ans: They will not inherit the Kingdom of God as we told in Galatians 5:21, but the lake of fire as we are told in Revelations 21:8, Revelations 20:15, Matthew 18:8-9 (and many other places). 19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things sh

Like Jesus

Verse John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. Message Jesus said, "He that believeth on me, the works that i do shall he do also." Pause! How on earth are we going to do His mighty works, if we do not have the same resources He had? Actually we do. Jesus made the final provision or resource available to all of us on the day of Pentecost. On that day, He sent the Holy Ghost. But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. ( Acts 1:8 ) We have all been given a ministry of reconciliation. A ministry that is birthed after the born again experience. This is confirmed in 2 Corinthians 5:17-20,  " Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away;